Good news! The library is open to the public! Our normal hours are back (for now): Mondays & Wednesdays 2-6, Tuesdays & Thursdays 10-7, and Saturdays 10-4. In order to keep our staff and patrons safe, we ask that you read on for new protocols at the library.
- Return books in our newly re-fabricated and painted book drop even if we are open.
- Masks are required (worn over nose and mouth) for all staff and patrons to help curb the spread of Covid-19. If you do not have your own we can offer you one.
- The library will limit the number of people in the building to 10 (this includes staff) so do please check at the front desk to see if we can accommodate you.
- Staff and patrons will maintain a distance of six feet from others in the library.
- We encourage patrons to minimize time spent in the library and ask that you do not linger inside the building. Know that this breaks our hearts.
- Public computers will be available for 30 minutes at a time but there will be fewer of them due to social distancing. Staff will be able to offer only limited computer help, from a distance!
- Entryway pickup and home delivery options are still available if you’d rather not come into the library. As always, reserve online at hancock.biblionix.com or call us at 525-4411.
- The Daniels Room will not be available to the public at this time. We will not be holding any programs for the foreseeable future.
While we try to be resourceful in finding ways to serve the community, we are still in the midst of a pandemic. So as we continue to move forward with our services, it is part of a phased plan that allows us to step forward or back depending on what the corona virus is doing. Our phase of the moment is “minimize risk.”
Friends of the Hancock Town Library Fundraiser! Buy your own EAT, SLEEP, READ mask today! Stylish and oh-so-soft, made of cotton and very comfortable! Only $15. Mail your check, made out to FHTL, to PO Box 130, Hancock, NH 03449. Please include contact information so that we can let you know when your masks are ready for pickup (or we can deliver). Thank you!
NEW! Ancestry.com is now free for HTL patrons. Go to our catalog at hancock.biblionix.com and sign in (upper right hand corner) as you would for all our digital offerings (call us at 525-4411 if you don’t know how to do that). Scroll down to find the Ancestry.com link. That’s all there is to it!
Tab over to our Children’s Programs, Online Resources, and Fun Links Online tabs to see what strikes your fancy. New is our Local Hancock tab with links to all things Hancock. If we have breaking news we’ll post it there as well!
Library WIFI update: we’ve purchased two WIFI extenders for the library so that our reach is a bit further. You can now sit in the back parking lot or on the street in front of the library to catch our WIFI. Look for Hancock Town Library. Passcode is eight zeros in a row, like this: 00000000
Stay safe everyone!
Hours: M&W 2-6 Tu&Th 10-7 Sat. 10-4
Staff: Amy Markus, Library Director Karen Dunham, Children's Librarian Theresa Earle, Circulation Trustees: Alison Rossiter, Chair Jane Eklund, Secretary Kary Shumway, Treasurer Friends of the Library: Helene Bickford, Chair Patty Carrel, Vice-Chair Suzie Toumanoff, Secretary Beth GrosJean, Treasurer